Green energy is increasingly a popular choice these days and economical around the world. Here at Fidelity Energy, we’re working hard to promote renewable energy. We know it could solve so many of our worries like climate change on a global scale, air pollution in our towns and cities, and acidity in our oceans.
Let us embrace new renewable technology and take a look at ten facts that reveal what the future could hold for all of us…
1. Renewable energy sources, like wind and solar power, now generate almost a third of the UK’s electricity.
2. The main forms of renewable energy are: solar, wind, hydro, biofuel and geothermal and these sources are all continually replenished.
3. Just 1 wind turbine (25% output) can generate enough electricity to power over 1,000 (average UK homes).
4. Amazingly, as of 2017, China builds 2 wind turbines every hour!
5. Renewable energy creates 5 times more jobs than fossil fuels.
6. Solar power may account for the world’s main source of power by 2050…
7. And Europe and North Africa could run on 100% renewable energy by 2050.
8. Around 71% of the planet is made up from water, so it makes sense that this is currently the most commonly used renewable source. Providing the energy for over 28 million people.
9. In 2016, Portugal made history by running on renewable energy alone for 107 hours.
10. Megabucks: the renewable energy industry is growing fast. By next year, the global market is expected to be worth £600 billion!
Hopefully, these facts have provided some insight into the incredible world of renewable energy and the endless possibilities that are all around us. Read our How Do I Reduce Carbon and Business Energy Costs? blog to find out how to cut your carbon footprint and save on your business energy bills.