Many UK businesses are wasting 20p in every £1 they spend on energy. Rising energy prices and growing concerns about our carbon footprint means it makes sense that all companies are thinking of ways to effectively cut their business energy bills. Follow these seven simple steps to help you save thousands on your business energy bills…
How to cut your business’s carbon emissions, save energy and money:
1. Fit energy saving light bulbs – LEDs can save 90% of lighting energy costs.
2. Replace your old refrigerator/ freezer if it is over 15 years old, with a new one with an energy efficiency rating of A++.
3. Get an energy audit – Many utility companies offer free business energy audits to their commercial customers. It’s a great way to figure out where your money is going every month.
4. Take advantage of natural sunlight – Maximum daylight and use artificial lights in dark areas only.
5. Control your heating and cooling – By keeping your office temperature one degree down during winter and one degree up during summer can reduce the power it uses by up to 10%.
6. Take advantage of tax breaks for energy efficiency – Local government may provide tax incentives when you use energy saving appliances that help to reduce your energy usage.
7. Switch your energy supplier – Ensure you’re on the right tariff for your business energy usage. Get a better deal now.
By using these steps above, you’ll be promoting a healthy workplace environment. Applying more efficient technologies will enhance savings and choosing the right business energy plan for your needs will potentially guarantee these gains are maintained for years to come.